Occasionally, you may experience a credit card payment failure with an order. A payment can be declined for various reasons. Below, is a list of the most common decline errors specific to the WePay merchant account. Click here for a complete list of error codes.
Payment Error Codes
- 2001: The AVS check on the payment failed (invalid billing address).
- 2002: The card type is not supported by the Merchant.
- 2003: The issuing bank indicated that the card is not supported.
- 2004: The issuing bank declined the charge but did not tell us why (generally due to a fraud check on their side).
- 2005: The payment method does not have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- 2006: The card has been lost or stolen.
- 2007: The card has expired (some issuing banks don’t care though and we only care if they do).
- 2008: Some of the card data was invalid (CVV, expiration date, card number, name on card).
- 2009: The credit_card object is in an invalid state for that action.