Purchases are tracked when a prospect or customer buys through an manual order, order form, shopping cart or upon successful payment for orders created through the API.
Table of Contents:
A purchase goal can be satisfied by a general purchase, the purchase of a specific product, or the purchase of a particular category of product.
If the purchase goal comes before the sequence, the contact will move forward when a purchase is made
If the purchase goal comes after the sequence, the contact will be removed from the sequence when a purchase is made
- Click and drag a goal onto the campaign canvas. Note that a purchase goal usually comes at the end of an educational/nurture sequence. Once the customer purchases and the goal is satisfied, the previous nurture campaign stops and the post-purchase sequence can begin. For simplicity, the purchase goal is at the beginning of this particular campaign
- You can double-click the name below the icon to customize it.
- Double-click on the goal or single click and choose View and edit
- Select the purchase option that satisfies the goal
- Any Purchase: This option allows you to update a contact's campaign sequence when they make any kind of purchase. This is a good option for companies that send generic customer follow-up that is not related to a specific product or category of products.
- Specific Product Purchase: This option allows you to send product-specific communications, which can be used to help the customer maximize the value they receive from the product and / or to upsell additional products to them.
- Product in a Specific Category Purchase: This option allows you to send customer communications based on a specific category of interest (e.g. live event promotions to people who like to attend seminars.)
- Select the payment type that satisfies the goal.
- Click Save to apply the purchase option that satisfies the goal
- Don't forget to publish your changes when you are ready to go live