You are able to cancel and deactivate subscriptions manually when a customer contacts you by phone, email, or in person and asks to discontinue a service or upgrade to another service.
Automation Warning! These instructions will help you turn off the billing for a subscription program. However, inactivating a subscription does not stop any fulfillment processes or follow-up sequences. You may need to stop these processes manually or notify others to stop fulfilling.
- While viewing a contact record, click on the Order tab.
- Click on the name of the subscription to open it.
- Go to the Current Status section to...
- Change the Status to Inactive. Setting the status to inactive means that the customer canceled a subscription before the original purchase term expired.
- Enter the End Date.
- Enter the Reason Stopped.
- Go to the Recharge Information section and set auto charge to No.
- Click on the Save button to inactivate the subscription. The customer will no longer be billed for the subscription.