The Campaign Checklist helps you feel more confident hitting the 'Publish' button by automatically reviewing your campaign for common errors. Additionally, if a campaign contains a tag entry goal to start the campaign, Infusionsoft will prompt you to add contacts that have never been in the campaign, but contain the tag in their contact record.
The Campaign Checklist automatically checks the campaign upon hitting the Publish button. The Campaign Checklist will check for the following errors:
- Elements Marked As Ready: Checks all campaign elements (goals, sequences, items within sequences) to verify they are marked as ready and configured correctly.
- Campaign Elements Are Connected: Checks all campaign elements (goals, sequences, items within sequences) to verify they are connected to each other so that the campaign runs as it was intended.
- Email Delivery Frequency: Checks to verify that there is a timer between emails or that there is some sort of user action required between emails so that your customers do not receive multiple emails at once.
- Emails Are Personalized: Checks all emails to verify that a Contact Merge Field or Custom Contact Merge Field is used within the email ensure all emails are personalized.
- Email Merge Fields Are Correct: Checks that all merge fields (Contact, Owner, Company) are correct and not invalid.
Click on the Publish button
A new panel will slide in from the left-side of the screen with four animated messages: Analyzing Campaign, Checking Sequences, Checking Emails, Checking Timers.
Next, the Campaign Checklist will appear. Hovering over any of the main checklist items will result in an explanation block to slide in from the left within the panel, below the Cancel and Publish buttons.
Any items that need attention will have a red exclamation icon next to it. Any items that were analyzed and no errors were identified will have a green check mark icon next to it.
Click on the arrow next to an item with an error to see the details of the problem(s).
When you click on an individual problem, you will be taken to that part of the campaign in order to fix the error.
In this example error, the email was never finished, nor marked as Ready.
Once you have corrected the issue and backed out of the element (email, timer, sequence) then the Campaign Checklist will automatically update and the previously erroneous item will disappear.
Once all errors are fixed, click the Publish button once more.
If you have a campaign that contains a tag entry goal, a box box will drop-in indicating that there are X number of contacts that have never been in the campaign, but that contain the tag that starts the campaign (for example, you may have imported 200 contacts with the "New Lead" tag and are ready to publish your "New Lead Follow-Up Campaign".)
You can choose from the following options:
- Add Contacts: Add the contacts and continue publishing the campaign. All identified contacts will be added to the campaign into the sequence that's connected to the tag entry goal.
- Don't Add Contacts: The campaign will be published but the contacts will not be added to the campaign.
- View Contacts: You can view the individual contacts that could be added to the campaign.
If you choose to View Contacts, you will have the option choose Not Now or Add Contacts and Publish after reviewing them.