List hygiene is the practice of continuously cleaning an email list to ensure all addresses are active and deliverable. Regularly implementing this process removes disengaged addresses from your marketing list, which decreases your risk for spam traps, complaints, and invalid hard bounces. We do not recommend trying to engage disengaged contacts.
Opt-out your unengaged contacts
- Hover over the Infusionsoft logo in the top left, select Marketing and click Reports.
- Click on Email Status Search to open the report.
- Click the Edit Criteria/Columns button.
- In the Email Status drop-down, select Unengaged Marketable.
- In the Last Engagement Date drop-down, select More Than 6 Months then click OK.
- In the results list, check the Select All checkbox at the top.
- Click the Actions drop-down, then choose Update Opt-In/Out Status.
- Select Email, Email Address 2 or Email Address 3 in the Email Fields to Update list. The standard choice is the Email field as it is the primary field used for communication.
- Select Opt-Out from the Opt In or Out drop down.
- Enter the Reason for Opt Update such as: "Email hygiene 6 month clean-up".
- Click Process Action.