There are several ways to create tags in Max Classic. Often, you will create them on-the-fly while creating campaigns, contact records, emails, landing pages, etc. You can also go to CRM > Settings > Tags and create new tags or manage existing tags.
Create a Tag
- Go to CRM > Settings in the main navigation menu
- Click Tags
- Click Add Tag
- Setup your tag:
- Enter a name.
- Choose a category or create a new category by entering it into the (Other) field.
- Add a description to remind you and other users of the purpose of the tag (optional).
- Click Add Tag(s)
- The tag is now available in any area of Max Classic that allows you to apply a tag. For example, while on a contact record, you can click the Manage Tags button located to the right of the contact record.
- If you are looking at a list of contacts, quickly manage tags by clicking the Tags icon.
View a list of contacts with a given tag applied
- Go to CRM > Settings > Tags
- The Number located under the "Number of People" column is how many contacts have the tag applied to their record.
- You will be redirected to CRM > Contacts with the list of contacts that have the tag applied.