You will generally issue a credit or apply a price adjustment against an unpaid order balance. If the customer has already submitted a full or partial payment, then you will need to issue a void, refund, or manual refund. For info on how to "Issue a Refund", click here. If the credit or adjustment is part of a refund request, then you will apply the credit as you go through the refund process.
Note: Void ONLY if it is PENDING in the Merchant account. For more info, click here
Credits/adjustments are recorded as payments. You can pull up a list of them through the payments report (E-Commerce > Reports >Payments Report.)
- While viewing a contact record, click on the Orders tab.
- Click on the name of the order to open it.
- Click the Add Payment button
- Enter the Payment Information:
- Amount: (Enter the credit / adjustment amount). This amount will be deducted from the remaining balance due amount.
- Date: Enter the date (usually today's date.)
- Payment Type: Select Adjustment, Credit, or Refund from the dropdown.
- (Optional) Enter Notes about the reason for the adjustment. Common reasons may include a price adjustment, a courtesy credit for a service issue, etc.
- (Optional) Apply to Commissions: Choose No to prevent the price adjustment/credit from updating referral partner commissions.
- Click on the Save button to apply the adjustment to the invoice. Note: If you automatically email invoices upon successful payments (E-Commerce > Settings > Orders > Billing section), then the customer will receive an invoice notification when you save the adjustment.