You may need to issue a credit against future recurring subscription billing as part of a special incentive to customers or as part of your subscription program retention efforts. Issuing a credit will decrease the amount of a future payment or cause the system to skip the auto-charge because there is a zero current balance due.
- While viewing a contact record, click on the Orders tab.
- Click on the name of the subscription to open it.
- Click the Create Credit button.
- Enter the credit Information.
- Cycles: By default, the system will apply this credit to one billing cycle. Change this number to apply the credit to more than one cycle.
- Credit Amount Per Cycle: Enter the amount of credit to apply to each billing cycle. The credit can be any amount up to the recurring value for one billing cycle.
- Credit Notes: Enter notes to document the reason for the credit.
- Click on the Save button to apply the credit.
The credit summary will show up in the Recurring Credits section of the subscription record.