You may need to issue a credit against future recurring subscription billing as part of a special incentive to customers or as part of your subscription program retention efforts. Issuing a credit decreases the amount of a future payment or causes the system to skip the auto-charge because there is a zero current balance due.
- While viewing a contact record, click on the Orders tab.
- Click Edit next to the subscription to open it.
- Click the Create Credit button (middle, right side of the page).
- Enter the credit Information:
- Cycles: By default, the system will apply this credit to one billing cycle. Change this number to apply the credit to more than one cycle. Typically cycles are monthly, but when setting up your subscription, you may have created weekly or annual cycles.
- Credit Amount Per Cycle: Enter the amount of credit to apply to each billing cycle. The credit can be any amount up to the recurring value for one billing cycle.
- Credit Notes: Enter notes to document the reason for the credit.
- Click on the Save button to apply the credit.
The credit summary will show up in the Recurring Credits section of the subscription record.