The product category discount is applied to an entire product category(e.g. books) or combination of categories (e.g. books and cds). It applies a percentage discount to the total price of the eligible products in the shopping cart and order form, when specific criteria are met.
Important Note! Promo Code criteria will not operate on legacy order forms or legacy shopping cart.
Before you can offer a product category discount, you must:
- Add product categories and (optional) sub categories
- Assign each product to a category and (optional) sub category
- Go to E-Commerce >Promotions
- Select Category Discount from the drop-down.
- Enter the following details:
- Name: The name shows up for customers and Infusionsoft users. It should be short but descriptive (e.g. 20% Book Purchases.)
- Description:The description shows up for customers in the order summary section oft he shopping cart and order form. It can further describe the discount benefits.
- Percent: Enter a numerical value for the discount percentage (e.g. 20%.)
- Discount Referral Partner Commissions: Set to Yes if you want to base partner commissions on the discounted pricing instead of calculating the referral partner payout on the full price of the product. This only applies if you are using the Referral Partner component and have set up percent commissions for one or more commission programs.
- Categories: Mark the checkbox(es) beside one or more product category and/or sub category to include them in this discount.
- Save the Discount
- Enter Criteria. These criteria define one or more condition that must be true for the discount to apply. If you set up more than one criteria, they must ALL be true to make the purchase eligible for the discount.
- Select a criteria type from the drop-down: Date Range and Promo Code.
- Enter the specific criteria parameters (i.e. start/end date or code)
- Save the criteria.
- Save the discount.