Please Note! We recommend using the online Strategy Guide to source your campaigns. The Strategy Guide is kept up-to-date with the latest campaigns. This campaign may contain legacy content (e.g, legacy emails, legacy landing pages, etc...)
This article provides instructions for launching the Event Purchase Follow-Up Automation campaign that you can download for free from the Infusionsoft Marketplace.
This campaign is triggered when someone purchases an event ticket through Infusionsoft. The new registrant will receive three emails leading up to the event.
Download the Event Purchase Follow-Up Automation campaign from the Marketplace
Set up the Campaign Merge Fields
This campaign contains information about the live event so you need to input those details.
- In the upper left of the page, click on the Campaign dropdown and then click on Merge Fields.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Event Address to edit the merge field value.
- Insert the address of the event (e.g. 1260 S Spectrum Blvd. Chandler, AZ 85286) and click the Save icon.
- Repeat the previous two steps to fill in the values for Event Date(s), Event Name, and Event Time(s).
- Click on Close in the lower right corner of this menu to close it.
Configure the Ticket Purchase Goal
This campaign is automatically triggered when an event ticket is sold through Infusionsoft. You have to configure the purchase goal with the specific event ticket product.
- Double click on the Purchase Live Event Ticket goal
- Select Specific Product Purchase and then choose the specific event ticket product; click Save.
Set up the Follow-Up Timers
Since this campaign is sending out reminder emails with respect to a live event, you have to tell the campaign when the emails should be sent.
- Double click the Live Event Follow-Up sequence.
- Double click the first Date timer and set for a date one week before the event; click Save.
- Double click the second Date timer and set for a date one day before the event; click Save.
- In the upper right of the page, click Draft to mark the sequence itself as Ready!
- Click Back to Campaign in the upper left of the page.
Publish the Campaign
All items on this campaign by now should look light green/greyed out (like the Purchase Live Event Ticket goal). This means we can safely Publish.
- Click the blue Publish button in the upper right; this will display a list of all items to be published.
- Click the green Publish button at the bottom of this list to publish the campaign.
Your Event Purchase Follow-Up is ready to go! This campaign will start automatically when someone purchases an event ticket through Infusionsoft.