As of March 17, 2021, Keap will modify our data protection features for handling privacy requests. Keap will continue to make it possible for customers to modify or erase contact information when a request is received, however we will be removing functionality that anonymized contacts.
- Users will no longer be able access or modify the GDPR setting
- The GDPR setting will be set to Off for all Keap customers
- The "Revoke permission to use any of my personal data." option will no longer be available on the Unsubscribe page
- The Erase button will no longer be available on the contact record.
How should I handle requests to be forgotten?
If a contact requests you anonymize or delete their data, you have two options to complete this request:
- Remove all personally identifiable information by editing the requestor's contact record to maintain depersonalized general information for reporting purposes
- Delete the contact entirely