- Navigate to the Contact Record and click the Tasks tab.
- Locate the Notes section.
Note: The number of Notes displayed is limited to 10. You can click View All to view all notes for the contact,
Which opens as a pop-up window. View all is limited to 200 notes. If you want to see more than 200, use the tasks note report.
- Click Add Note, which opens a pop up window.
- (Optional) Assign to different user: Select a user from the drop-down to associate someone else with the note (if your user permissions allow).
- (Optional) Template: This drop-down list includes pre-populated note templates.
- (Optional) Type: Select a type that describes the interaction you're recording; e.g., call, email. Note: You can modify this list, if your user permissions allow, by navigating to CRM > Settings > Task/Appt/Note Settings.
- Title: Enter a subject line for the note. The subject is visible in the contact history, so it should be a short description of the interaction.
- Description: This is a more detailed description of the interaction.
- (Optional) Notify: Select one or more users to receive a copy of the note by email.
- Click Save to record the note in the contact record.
Pro-Tip: You can use note templates to record repetitive interactions. Note templates can also trigger automation in Infusionsoft. They can help your efficiency and reduce the possibility of errors.
Important Note: Your user profile permissions determine if you are able to delete a note from a contact history.