When a customer responds to a billing issue related to a failed auto-charge for a payment plan or an expired credit card, you will need to:
- Add a new credit card
- Update the order or subscription to transition the billing to the new card
Note: If the credit card on file is expired, you can update the expiration date from the Order tab in a contact record. Click on the credit card link to change the expiration date and month.
- While viewing the contact record, click on the Order tab.
- Click on the name of an order to view it.
- Click on the Edit Payment Plan button.
- Go to the Auto-charge section and select the new credit card from the drop-downs or click on the Add button to enter a new credit card.
- Click the Save button to save the payment plan and initiate any past due billing in one of the following ways:
- If the card has not reached the maximum number of autocharge retries, the next autocharge attempt will run all current and past due charges
- If the maximum number of autocharge retries has been reached, you need to manually run the past due charges. All future charges will run automatically using the new card.