The new Email Builder offers a ton of new features to create more powerful and impactful email templates. The new builder will eventually be available for sending broadcasts as well. Just a few of the new features include:
- Many new pre-made gallery templates to choose from based on Industry
- Multi-column support.
- More content blocks: Countdown timer and more!
- Switch from desktop design to mobile design by clicking a button.
- Images - The new Email Builder provides a vast stock image library
- Timer - it’s impactful! It creates a sense of urgency and can be used to promote specials or sales
- Start from scratch and text only option - don’t need a template? The new Email Builder provides an easy way to personalize your emails
- Template management - a bigger selection of templates to choose from to start modifying and creating your content.
- You can send from any email address in which you have verified the domain.
- Open a campaign sequence
- Click and drag the New Email Message icon onto the canvas
- Double-click it, or single-click and choose View and edit to set up your email
- Select one of the gallery templates
- Note that you can filter them based on industry and usage
- Or start from scratch by creating your template or choose Text only if you want to keep it simple
- You can also choose a template that you have saved previously
- To start configuring the structure and layout of your email, click on the Blocks section and you can add new blocks into the template.
- You can search for pre-made blocks to add to the template
- Or add blank blocks for more customization. Click the "All >" button to see more options
- To remove a block, just select it in your template and click the delete button
Click the Body to modify the text color, font family, background color, etc...
Click images to search from a huge database of free images
Click to upload your own images to use in your email templates.
You can also delete ones that you don't want to use anymore
You can use various types of content in your email. Just click and drag an item onto your template
Click the icons at the bottom-left of the email builder to switch between the desktop and mobile edition
Send a test email
Note that you can send yourself a test email while creating your email template
Customize text with the formatting toolbar
Just click inside a section with text and the formatting toolbar will appear
Click here to learn how to add tags when a link is clicked
Add a text hyperlink
- Highlight the text you would like to link and click the hyperlink button
- Add the URL and you can optionally apply a tag to the contact when they click the link, then click Save.
You can personalize your email by merging fields from the contact record into your email template
- Select where in the text you would like to merge a field from the contact record
- Click the Merge fields drop-down and choose your merge field
Merge custom fields
Click here to learn how to merge your contact's custom fields into the email template
From address, subject line, etc...
- After you are finished customizing your email, click Next - Ready
- Finish setting up the details of your email and set it to Ready and Done
You can edit images within the new Email Builder. First begin creating your email, then follow the steps below.
- Select an image
- Click Apply Effects & More
- Use the tools to edit your image
- Click Save to apply your changes
Are YouTube shorts URLs supported in the new builder?
No, not yet. In the meantime, here is a workaround for the video thumbnail:
- Copy the code of the video (the mix of characters at the end /shorts/897a6sdf876 )
- Put the code part at the end of the URL, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897a6sdf876
Can I add a custom merge fields in the “To” field in campaigns?
Yes, the new builder supports custom merge fields in campaigns in the “To” field. Please note ~Contact._MyCustomEmail~ is the only syntax currently supported. The liquid syntax with [ ] is not supported yet.
Can I use existing templates in the new builder?
Currently no. This is a high-priority item for our team. Communications will be sent as we move closer to a resolution. You can, however, recreate (and upgrade) your templates with the new email builder features.
If I share a Campaign that uses templates from existing builders will the campaign and those emails still work?
Yes! Even though, by default, the existing builder is not in the Control Panel in a Campaign Sequence any email items on the Campaign Builder canvas will automatically open and be editable in the builder in which it was created.
Can I tag a contact that clicked a link?
Yes. You can apply up to 10 tags to the same link. Learn more here.
Can I add a Hosted File Download?
Yes. There is a File object that you can drag into your template.
Can I use custom merge fields in my email?
Yes. See our full release notes for details.
Where are Campaign Merge fields in Campaign Builder?
Campaign Merge Fields can be found inside campaigns/Actions/ Merge fields. Campaign Merge Fields are supported for content publishing.
Where are the global fonts/settings?
Font types and other global options can be found in the ‘Body’ section of the navigation bar on the right.
Are all fonts supported in all email clients?
Some email clients (Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, etc) might only support some fonts. To ensure the font you selected will be supported, the following fonts are the best web-safe fonts for HTML and CSS:
- Arial (sans-serif)
- Verdana (sans-serif)
- Tahoma (sans-serif)
- Trebuchet MS (sans-serif)
- Times New Roman (serif)
- Georgia (serif)
- Garamond (serif)
- Courier New (monospace)
- Brush Script MT (cursive)
Can I send from a custom address?
Yes. you can add any address from a domain that you have validated.
I don’t see AB Testing in the new email builder. Will that be coming?
Usage stats showed less than 1% of Keap Pro/Max users use this feature. Given the low usage and large effort to implement, this is a lower priority item. If you would like to share feedback please do so in app or via customer support feedback.
Can I embed a video directly into the email builder?
No, the video itself can’t be played directly from the email due to email size limitations and for security reasons. However, using the Video element, you can link to a YouTube or Vimeo video through a preview image that’s automatically generated when you insert the video’s URL.