Legacy Notice: This article refers to a feature that used with legacy broadcast emails which are created in Marketing > Templates. Automation links are not supported in the campaign builder or when sending an broadcast using the modern email builder.
The automation links you use in broadcast emails track recipients' click-through responses and can initiate a series of actions in Max Classic that automatically update tags and follow-up. You can create text and image automation links.
Go to Marketing > Templates
Click on the name of an existing email template to edit it using the drag & drop builder, or add a new email template.
Highlight the text you want the email recipient to click on or select an image that's been inserted into the message using an Image, Paragraph, or Article Snippet.
Click the Link button in the WYSIWYG editor toolbar.
Select a link type from the drop-down.
- Web address: Enter the full URL (e.g. http://fullybaked.com/blog/business) for any web location.
- Email address: Enter a full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thank-you page: This thank-you page is hosted by Max Classic. Use the WYSIWYG or HTML source editor to create a simple thank-you message.
- Hosted Email page: This is usually used in the pre-header of an HTML email or in the plain text version of the email. It links to the hosted version of the email in case someone is having difficulty viewing it through their email client.
- Update page: This links to a page that displays the contact's current contact information and allows then to make changes if something is no longer correct.
- Opt-Out page: This links to a page where a contact can unsubscribe from all email marketing.
Click on the Actions drop-down to add one or more action to this link. Click on the Save button for each action, and then click on the Finish & Close Window button to save the action set.
(Optional) Click on the Other options link to save this link for future use. If you re-use this link in other emails, the actions will also carry over.
- Don't Track Who Clicks this Link: Mark this checkbox if you are linking to a common web address that does not tell you any details about a person's interest.
- Place the person's details at the end of the URL: Mark this checkbox if you want to pass information from the person's Max Classic contact record into the Web Address URL. This is used to pass information into hidden fields on a web form or to personalize the message on the landing page. This option requires additional programming outside of Max Classic.
- Save this link for later use: Mark this checkbox if you want to use this link in more than one email. The link Actions will be the same every time the link is used.
Click on the Insert/Update button to add the link to the email.