Follow the instructions below to learn how to :
- Build a custom "thank-you" page or redirect the user to an existing page on your website.
- Rename your landing page and thank-you page which renames the page slug.
- Make it easier for people to find your page by adding a meta description
- Enable the ability for Googlebot and other "web crawlers" to index your landing page.
- To build a custom "Thank-you" page in the Landing Page builder, click Manage Pages icon of the left
- Click the pencil icon on the thank-you page to choose whether to build your own custom thank-you page or simply redirect them to an existing page on your website.
- If you chose to redirect them to your own page, choose the External URL option and enter the full URL of the page as shown below. Pay attention to the message regarding the http:// vs https:// below the URL.
- If you want to design your own thank-you page using the landing page builder tool, then choose the Page in the funnel option.
- When you are finished designing your thank-you page, click the gear icon to rename the page. These names represent your page "slug" which is tacked-on to the end of the URL as shown in the highlighted area of the second image below. To learn best practices on how online marketers name their slugs, check out this video
- Add an SEO description. This allows you to modify the "meta description" that is in the code of the page which web crawlers (like Googlebot) use to index your website. To learn more about how to construct your meta description, just click this link to get Google's top recommendations. Pay close attention to the character limits these websites recommend as the description will get cut-off at some point.
For example, when I search "Keap Software" in Google, you can see how the page slug and meta description are shown to the end user.
- Toggle the option for your page to be indexed on/off. If toggled off, then you do not want Google to show your page in a search result. If toggled on, you are allowing Google to index your landing page in their search index.
- Once you've set up your thank-you page, you can click the gear icon on your landing page and customize the SEO options there as well.
Pro-Tip! The pencil icon next to the landing page name does nothing. You have to click Setup at the bottom of the page to go back to the beginning.