The Flat Rate Per Order shipping method charges the same fee for every order, regardless of the number, price, weight, or type of products in the cart. It does not perform calculations. It charges shipping as long as there are "shippable" products in the shopping cart. In most cases, you will create more than one flat rate option to give your customers a choice of price and delivery type; e.g., Standard, Priority, Overnight, International, etc.
Create a flat shipping rate
- Navigate to E-Commerce and click E-Commerce Setup.
- Go to the Shipping Options section and click the Shipping Options link.
- Click on Shipping Methods tab.
- Click the Add a Method button.
- Under Shipping Method, select Flat Rate Per Order.
- Edit the following settings:
- Display Name
- Description: Your customers will see this description during checkout. An example is USPS Standard Shipping / Standard Postal Service 3-5 Business Days.
- Enable this Shipping Method: check this box to enable this shipping method for your customers. Un-check this box to hide this shipping option.
- International Shipping Method: check this box to offer this shipping method to international customers (customers outside of your default country). Un-check this box to hide this shipping option from international customers.
- Enter the Shipping Price. This shipping price is offered for every order.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the process to create additional flat-rate per order options; e.g., Standard, Priority, Overnight, International, etc.