Order total discounts deduct a percentage of the purchase total (e.g. 20% off) or a fixed dollar amount (e.g. $10.00 off). Order total discounts apply to all products in the cart excluding tax and shipping.
When there are multiple discounts to be applied, you can determine whether the system applies the discount to the gross total before other discounts or to the net total after other discounts have been deducted.
Note that if there is a payment plan, this discount will only be applied to the initial (first leg) of the payment plan. If you need to apply a discount to every subsequent payment, you would typical use a product specific discount.
Important Note! Promo Code criteria will not operate on legacy order forms or legacy shopping cart.
Create an order total discount
Order total discounts display as an additional discount in the Infusionsoft shopping cart and order forms.
- Navigate to E-Commerce and click Promotions.
- From the Add New drop-down, select Order Total Discount.
- Enter the following:
- Name: The name shows up for customers and Infusionsoft users. Make it short and descriptive; e.g., 20% off June Purchases.
- Description: The description is used to further describe the benefits of the discount, but it only shows up for customers in the order summary section of the legacy shopping cart. It also shows up on legacy order forms, legacy receipts, and legacy invoices. It can further describe the discount benefits.
- Payment Type: This determines the total used to calculate the discount.
- Select Gross if you want to apply the discount on the total purchase BEFORE other applicable discounts have been applied.
- Select Net if you want to apply the discount to the remaining total AFTER other discounts have already been applied.
- Type: This determines the method of calculation.
- Select Percent if you want to set up a variable discount that is calculated by multiplying the order total by a percent; e.g., .20 for 20%.
- Select Amount if you want to set up a fixed discount that does not change based on the dollar value of the order. The discount is the same for every purchase, as long as they meet your specified criteria.
- Amount: This is the numerical value for the percent or fixed amount discount.
- Discount Referral Partner Commissions: Set to Yes if you want to base referral partner commissions on the discounted pricing instead of calculating the referral payout on the full price of the product. This only applies if you are using the Referral Partner component and have set up percent commissions for one or more commission program.
- Click Save.
- Select a criteria type from the drop-down to define one or more condition that must be true for the discount to apply. If you set up more than one criteria, they must ALL be true for the purchase to be eligible for the discount. Your options are:
- Date Range - select dates if you want to define a specific date range for the discount.
- Promo Code - select or create a new promo code if you want to require entry of a specific code for the discount.
- Product / Qty - enter and select a product if you want to require the purchase of a specific product and quantity for the discount.
- Subscription Plan in Cart - enter and select a subscription if you want to require the purchase of a specific subscription and quantity for the discount.
- Order Total - enter an amount and specify the order total to be either less than or greater than the amount for the discount to apply.
- Click Save to save the criteria that you defined.
- Click Save to save the order total discount.