This option is rare. Leave this option blank unless your business has a multilevel payout system and wants to pay extra commissions to referral partners who are not associated with a referral partner parent.
Table of Contents:
How Pay If Unused referral commissions are calculated
In this example, the referral partner program has two levels. The referral partner who makes a sale is eligible for a commission and the partner who recruited that referral partner (the referral partner parent) is also eligible for a commission. This program has the Pay If Unused option turned on and has a value entered into the Pay If Unused commissions.
Level 1 Commission = 20%. This commission is paid to the partner who makes the sale (child partner).
Level 2 Commission = 10%. This commission is paid to the partner who recruited the child partner.
Pay if Unused = 25%. This commission overrides the Level 1 commission when there is only a level 1 referral partner.
Referral partner Bob makes a $1,000 sale and no other partner was involved in recruiting him. Since there is no Level 2 partner (parent), Bob will receive the Pay If Unused commission - a 25% payout, even though the Level 1 Commission is only 20%. Bob will receive $250. If the Pay If Unused field was not used, he would receive $200 or 20% of the sale as commission.
Referral partner Jim makes a $1,000 sale. Jim was recruited to your program by referral partner Bob; i.e., Jim's referral parent. The Pay If Unused feature does not apply in this scenario. The payout for scenario 2:
- Level 1 commission of 20% or $200 is paid to Jim who made the sale.
- Level 2 commission of 10% or $100 is paid to Bob who is Jim's referral parent.
Turn the Pay If Unused option on or off
- Navigate to CRM and click Settings.
- Under the Referral Partner Settings heading at the left, click Referral Partner Defaults.
- Under Payout, select the Yes or No radio button to turn the Pay If Unused option on or off.
- Click Save.
Enter the commission for the Pay If Unused option
- Navigate to CRM and click Referral Partners.
- Ope the Referral Partners menu and click Commission Programs.
- Either search for the commission program that you want to edit, or select it from the list.
- Under Default Commissions, click Edit.
- Enter either a set monetary amount or a percentage of sale commission rate.