There are many different Goals to choose from. Each goal is briefly described below.
Goals initiated automatically by the Contact...
- Web Form Submitted - Web forms are either hosted on your website, or by Infusionsoft. When a web form is submitted, the goal is satisfied.
- Landing Page - A landing page is an Infusionsoft hosted web page with a built in web form that can be designed and launched quickly without the help of a webmaster. You can create a multi-column landing page layout and include text, images, and videos in the content. Contacts usually fill out the form on a landing page. They can also be used as data entry pages for an outsourced call center or contractor.
- Email Link clicked - The links you add to campaign sequence emails can be sued as goal settings. They are generally used to engage the reader and gauge interest level. When you use a link click as a goal setting, it should be associated with a specific call to action (e.g. contact me or sign me up) so that it is no surprise to the contact when they move to the next stage of your marketing process.
- Lead Score achieved - If you are using the infusionsoft lead scoring mechanism, you can set this method to be complete when a certain lead score is reached.
- Product purchased - Purchases are tracked when a prospect or customer buys through an Infusionsoft order form or the shopping cart. The goal can be satisfied by a general purchase, the purchase of a specific product, or the purchase of a particular category of products. If you process manual orders, you will need to use an alternative goal setting, like an opportunity stage move or a note.
- Web Page automation - This goal is achieved when an existing contact interacts with your website. Click here for specifics
- WordPress Opt-in - Similar to web form submitted, this goal is achieved when using the Infusionsoft WordPress plugin
Goal methods initiated by an Infusionsoft user...
- Internal Form submitted - An internal form gives you the ability to submit a form on behalf of someone else. Users of your Infusionsoft application can quickly and effectively collect and update contact information using an internal form. Internal forms help automate internal workflows.
- Task Completed - The tasks you add to a campaign sequence can be used to satisfy a Task is completed goal setting. The tasks are generally related to predictable events, like a welcome call after a new customer purchases.
- Opportunity Stage moved - Opportunity stages represent milestones in a sales process and track prospect progression. Sales reps manually update opportunity sales stages based on their personal interaction with prospects. Some of these sales stages may satisfy a campaign goal. You may need to customize opportunity stages before using them as a goal setting.
- Note applied - Notes are manually added to a contact's history to document a specific interaction. Notes include a date stamp as well as a description of the interaction that took place. A note might be added to a contact after a phone call or an in-person appointment, which can satisfy a goal in the campaign sequence. If this personal interaction has more than one possible outcome, you will create multiple goals, each with a unique note assigned to it.
- Tag applied - Tags are searchable labels that are used to segment contacts. They can be updated automatically as part of a campaign sequence or manually by an Infusionsoft user.
Goal methods initiated automatically by an Integration...
- API Call is made - The Infusionsoft API enables third-party applications to communicate with Infusionsoft and process incoming data for a wide variety of uses.