Please Note! We recommend using the online Strategy Guide to source your campaigns. The Strategy Guide is kept up-to-date with the latest campaigns. This campaign may contain legacy content (e.g, legacy emails, legacy landing pages, etc...)
This article provides instructions for launching the W-9 Collection campaign that you can download for free from the Infusionsoft Marketplace.
This campaign delivers the W-9 form and allows you to easily record when you receive it. The campaign can be triggered automatically from another campaign or you can manually start it using the Note Template .
Download the W-9 Collection campaign from the Marketplace
Publish the Campaign
This campaign is 100% ready to launch, no setup required.
- Click the blue Publish button in the upper right; this will display a list of all items to be published.
- Click the green Publish button at the bottom of this list to publish the campaign.
Launch the Campaign
To automatically trigger this campaign:
- Navigate to another campaign you want to use with this tax doc collection.
- Open the sequence of the campaign where you want to request a W-9.
- At the appropriate point in the sequence, add a Tag step that applies the Functional -> Start W-9 Collection tag.
- Re-publish that campaign so the next time a contact reaches that point in the sequence, the tag will automatically start them in this document workflow.
To manually trigger this campaign for an individual prospect:
- Apply the ADMIN - Request W-9 Note Template to someone's contact record
To manually trigger this campaign for a group of contacts:
- Do a contact search to find the segment of your database that needs a W-9 on file.
- When you have the segment you want, from the Actions drop-down in the upper left of the search results, select Apply/Remove Tag.
- Apply the Functional -> Start W-9 Collection tag.
- Process the action.
To log when a W-9 has been received:
- Apply the ADMIN - W-9 Received Note Template to someone's contact record.