As you collect engaged customers as contacts, so do you collect contacts that become unengaged with your business. If you haven’t cleaned your email list in a long time (more than 6 months), you can apply the processes: Remove contacts unengaged more than 1 year and the process below to send a re-engagement campaign to contacts that have been unengaged with your business for 6-12 months.
To avoid this process in the future, we recommend regular recurring efforts around List Hygiene, which is critical to your email marketing success.
- Navigate to Marketing and click Reports.
- Click on Email Status Search to open the report.
If your app brings you to a list of search results, click the New Search button.
- In the Email Status drop-down, select the first four options (hold the Shift key down to select multiple options).
- In the Last Engagement Date drop-down, select More than 6 Months.
- Set a Last Engagement Interval. Select a date 1 year back from today and for the second date, select a date 6 months back from today.
Next, we will exclude new leads from our search. Click the Misc Criteria tab.
- In this example, we will use a date range starting with the earliest date of our company going up to 4 months ago, so that any new leads captured within the past 4 months will not be included in our data.
- In the Date Created fields, select today’s date and change the year to 2009.
In the second date window, select a date 4 months in the past from today.
Click Search at the bottom of the page to view the results.
Next, create and apply a tag to these contacts so that we can include them in a re-engagement campaign later. Click the Select All checkbox at the top of the results.
Click the Actions drop-down and select Apply/Remove Tag.
Make sure that you select the radio button next to Apply and select a tag or click Create a new Tag.
To create a new tag, enter a Tag Name and click Create this Tag.
Click Process Action.
The article, Send re-engagement emails to unengaged contacts, is the next step in the re-engagement campaign process.