A customer may initiate a chargeback when they think you have charged their credit card in error. The dispute may be the result of a stolen credit card, service issue, fulfillment error, or the customer just forgot. It's also possible that the customer didn't recognize the company name displayed on the line-item charge on their credit card statement.
When this happens, the credit card company will investigate the issue and ask you to provide documentation that validates the charge. Max Classic automatically captures a screenshot of each order placed through the shopping cart that can be sent to a credit card company when a chargeback dispute occurs. These settings help you customize the message you send to the credit card company.
The Chargeback Dispute documentation will show:
- Order Date.
- IP Address for the computer where the order was placed
- Billing and Shipping information
- Order Details - products, discounts, shipping, and tax
Important! This feature is only available for one-time orders. It is not available for subscriptions.
Customize the Chargeback Dispute Message
- Go to E-Commerce > Settings
- Click on Orders in the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the Chargeback Dispute section to edit the following defaults:
- Top Text: Enter the message that will display at the top of the chargeback dispute message (e.g., your company's address and contact information.)
- Single Step Text: Enter the message that will display at the bottom of the chargeback dispute message when the purchase was placed through a single-step shopping cart. Note: The single-step cart is most common.
- Multi Step Text: Enter the message that will display at the bottom of the chargeback dispute message when the purchase was placed through a multi-step shopping cart. The multi-step carts require the buyer to sign in and are less common.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings and click Save to apply the update.
To Print the Chargeback Dispute Documentation
- Find the customer's contact record.
- Go to the Order tab in the bottom row of tabs on the contact record.
- Click on the name of the order to open it.
- Go to the bottom of the order and click on Chargeback Dispute.
- (Optional) Customize the Header and Footer text that shows up above and below the invoice.
- Click on Save & View to print the order documentation to send it to the card holder's credit card company.
Invoice Cancelled email
An email is sent to the Default User Stating an Invoice has been cancelled. Meaning a chargeback has been submitted by the contact.