By default, all pages hosted by Keap have a URL that ends with infusionsoft.net. For example, https://29jfwi.landingpages.net/your-page-name, which are automatically secure by SSL.
If you would like contacts to reach your landing pages through your existing business domain, you can either make changes to your DNS records or use an iframe to embed into your website.
Create a new subdomain on your server
You can point your own subdomain to the landing page so that the URL retains your own branding instead of the default infusionsoft.net URL.
A subdomain is a unique prefix to your business domain. For example, In the URL help.infusionsoft.com, "help" is a subdomain of the infusionsoft.com domain.
Most web hosts make it easy to create subdomains and manage your DNS settings. Here is an article for setting up a subdomain with GoDaddy. Note that setting up a subdomain will differ depending on your domain provider, but usually its as easy as entering your preferred subdomain prefix and clicking Save. And here is a video showing how to set up the necessary CNAME and TXT record for an existing subdomain.
Steps to configure your custom domain
- Go to the Launch tab
- Click on the Custom Domains section, enter your custom subdomain, then click Connect.
- Use the text under Step 2 in the popup box to create the DNS records on your server.
- When creating your CNAME record, you will only add your subdomain to the Name/Host field. For example, if my custom domain is support.keap.com, I will only add "support" to the Name/Host field.
- After the DNS record is created, run a CNAME check to see if it has propagated. It can take 24-48 hours to propagate and for the internet to realize that a change was made. In step 3 of the popup box, click Click here to check the status of your DNS record, this will automatically load your custom domain into the search field.
(Results should look something like the image below.)
- Once the record is verified click Link
Configuring your domain with Registrar
Following the video instructions above, you will have created a 'subdomain' as a 'CNAME' record pointing to 'pages.infusionsoft.net'
If you want your Landing Page to be the main page on your domain, then you will need to configure a 301 permanent redirect from the apex or root domain to the sub domain above.
This prevents users from having to explicitly type the latter and will prevent search engines from creating colliding canonical URLs.
DNS settings for this setup would look something like this:
- '@ forwards 301 to www'
- 'www CNAME yourapp.infusionsoft.com'
Please note that Keap has no control of your domain's settings and cannot provide assistance with DNS changes. Once DNS changes are made, it may take up to 24-48 hours for changes to propagate. For any troubleshooting assistance, please contact your web developer and/or domain registrar.
If you would like to embed your published landing page on your site, via an iframe, as opposed to connecting your domain via the steps above, this too is an option.
Publish your landing page, or navigate to the Launch step of an already active landing page
Click the Embed tab
Click the box that contains the embed code to copy it to your clipboard
Paste the copied code to any page of your website, or share the code with your web developer.