When you transition to Keap from another email system, you will export contacts from the old system so that you can import them into Keap. When you import a list, you must confirm that you have received prior permission to send email to those contacts.
- If you do not have permission, the system assigns a "non-marketable" status to the email addresses on the list.
- If you do have permission, the system assigns a "single opt-in " status for each email address on the list that you import.
It is a good practice to re-confirm your contacts that have the single opt-in status. This is another layer of protection, ensuring that you get the best email deliverability rating possible and that the people on your list really want to receive your messages. You can create a custom email broadcast with a double opt-in link, or you can use the double opt-in template that we provide.
Be Careful! You may only send the double opt-in request email to people from whom you've already received prior permission. Do not send it to a purchased, borrowed, or harvested list (or any other list that is questionable). Keap customers must abide by the CAN SPAM regulations and the Keap Acceptable Use Policy.
Important! Once you opt-out a list of contacts, you can't undo it! You will need to contact our support team. Also, note that these request may take 3-5 business days to fulfill and you will be asked to send proof of opt-in such as, Why are they currently not opted-in?, When was the last time an email was sent to this list?, Was explicit permission obtained for each contact they plan to opt-in?, and if so, provide detailed information and links to online web forms for review.
Please Note! Only emails that are in Non-Marketable status will be opted-in through the mass action. Email addresses that have been opted-out either by the recipient or an Keap user cannot be opted back in.
- View the contacts that you want to update. Typically, this will be a previous import or a tagged list.
- After you find the contacts, click on the Actions button at the top left of your search results and select the very last option, Update Opt-in/Opt-out Status.
- Select the email address field that you want to update. The default email address is the first in the list and is pre-selected. You can hold the Ctrl key (or Command key on a Mac) to select multiple fields to update.
- Choose to Opt-in or Opt-Out these email addresses en masse.
- If you choose to Opt-in the email addresses, Keap will require specific information explaining how these email addresses were obtained. Provide as much information as you can and follow the prompts if more information is required.
- Click Process Action.