How Members Automatically Cancel Their Own Membership
If you have a large number of members using your CustomerHub website, you may prefer to have them cancel their own membership to reduce the amount of manual work involved in canceling memberships personally. You can automate the cancellation process using a CustomerHub Action Link following these steps. You will need to go through this process for each of your subscription membership products.
Step 1 - Create a Cancel Subscription Action Set in Infusionsoft
- Log into Infusionsoft and go to CRM > Settings and click on the Add an Action Set button.
- Add Actions to tell Infusionsoft what to do automatically when the autocharge for this subscription product fails.
- Select Cancel a Subscription from the drop-down.
- Select one of your subscription products
- Save the Cancel a Subscription Action.
- Select Apply / Remove Tag from the drop-down menu
- Click on Create a New Tag link.
- Enter a Tag Name (e.g. Member Cancel Silver). Note: The name should be short and describe the fact that the member canceled their own membership vs. being deactivated for nonpayment.
- Enter a Tag Category (e.g. CustomerHub) or choose one from the drop-down.
- Click on the Create this Tag button.
- Save the Apply / Remove Tag Action.
- Select Send an Email from the drop-down.
- Select an Email Template to send to the customer to confirm them that their membership has been canceled. If you have not created an appropriate Email Template, click on the Add button to create a new one.
- Save the Action
- Save the Action
- Save the Action Set
Step 2 - Create an Action Link in CustomerHub
- Log into Customer Hub and go to Library > Action Links.
- Click on create link
- Enter a Name (e.g. Member Cancel Silver). The name should be short and describe the Action that takes place when it is clicked.
- (Optional) Enter a Permalink (e.g. silvercancel). The Action Link uses the link name by default. This field allows you to customize the link, overriding the default.
- Save the action before moving forward.
- Type the name of the cancel Action Set you created (e.g. Member Cancel Silver) and click on its Select link.
- Select the web page the person will see when the link is clicked.
- Mark the checkbox to update the Member's CustomerHub permissions instantly. This would downgrade the person's access immediately so that they no longer have access to the related member site content.
Step 3 - Add the Action Link to a Page or Partial
Create a Page or Partial to display the Action Link. If you have multiple membership programs, you may want to create one Page and use Partials with permissions to display the Action Links within that page. The permissions will control which link(s) a member sees when logged into the CustomerHub site. The Action Link will cancel the subscription immediately - as soon as the member clicks on it. Make sure the instructions on the page make this clear.