In the Campaign Builder there is a Confirmation Sequence that will allow your contacts to confirm their email address. However, the Confirmation Sequence is locked and doesn't allow many personalization options. Here is how to create a personalized confirmation email including the campaign setup and contact record example.
Before the Campaign Process is created a tag needs to be configured under the Automation Links >Default Opt-in
Note: Automation Links Do Not work in the campaign builder but as long as you are using the Default Opt-in the tag will be applied.
By default the Link Text for the Default Confirmation Link is "Click Here" but you can change the verbiage.
- Click the Actions Tab from the top right
- From the Actions Drop down select "Apply/Remove Tag"
- Select an existing tag or create a new tag
- Create a sequence with the Confirmation Email
- In the email use the ~DoubleOptInLink~ merge field which will create the Confirmation Link
- Add a Tag Apply Goal to the End of the Sequence
Contact Record Example
After the contact goes through the campaign and clicks the confirmation link in the email