Sagepay (protx) Merchant Account
SagePay provides merchant account services in the United Kingdom and they process orders placed using the Maestro Card. When you integrate with the SagePay merchant gateway, you are able to process payments through any method (order forms, shopping cart, or manual orders). It will also handle auto-charges for subscription or payment plans. When a customer submits payment through the SagePay gateway, they never leave your company website - SagePay simply processes payments on the back end. Infusionsoft is an off the shelf shopping cart that connects directly to SagePay.
Once your SagePay account is approved and activated, you will need to integrate it with the Infusionsoft E-Commerce component.
Go to E-Commerce > E-Commerce Setup
Click on Payment Options in the settings menu.
Click the Add new... link to setup your merchant account.
Select Sagepay (Protx) from the drop-down.
Fill in the Sagepay (Protx) account information.
- Name: The name should be short and descriptive. It is used to identify this merchant account in various lists throughout Infusionsoft (e.g. SagePay)
- Vendor: This is the Vendor code, assigned by SagePay.
- Currency Type: Select a currency type from the dropdown. Note: Sagepay will process transactions in Euro, however, Infusionsoft does not fully support the Euro. The currency symbols in Infusionsoft are limited to the English (UK) pound, English (US) dollar, or English (ZA) rand. The product prices, order summaries, invoices, and receipts will all display one of these three symbols. They will not display the currency symbol for the Euro.
- (Optional) Send PAYMENT TxType on recurring charges?: This is set to No by default. Do not change this setting unless directed by Infusionsoft or SagePay technical support. This option is here to ensure backwards system compatibility - it disables the "Repeat" payment types so that all Payments (including recurring payments) are sent as Payments. Most Infusionsoft users will not need to enable this option.
- (Optional) Pass 000 for CVC on Recurring Transactions Sent with PAYMENT Tx Type: This option is also set to No by default. Do not change this setting unless directed by Infusionsoft or SagePay technical support. It is here to ensure backwards system compatibility and does nothing at all unless it is set to Yes. This option passes 000 as the CV2 code when a merchant account requires a value in the CV2 field to process recurring charges sent as Payments. Most Infusionsoft users will not need to enable this option.
- Use 3D Secure: Set this option to correspond with your SagePay settings. Find out more about 3D Secure Authentication.
- Account Type: You may need to set this option to Continuous Authority (C) to process "Repeat" or recurring payments. First, you should test recurring charges with this option set to the default. If the test transactions fail, then set the account type to Continuous Authority (C). (See below for details.)Be Careful!
You must test this setting as instructed to ensure compatibility with your account's requirements. If this setting is not correct, your recurring charges will fail.
- AVS/CV2 Options: This is set to Send Nothing by default. This means that the default SagePay AVS and CV2 rules are applied. You should not need to change this setting. If you do change it, the option you select from the list will override the default settings in your SagePay configuration and instead process it according to the option you select here.
- (Optional) Account Limit: This field is used to set a maximum charge amount for this particular merchant account.
- Test Mode: Set this to Test Mode when you are testing the integration. It allows you to use the "Test Account" link process test charges on SagePay's test system without actually charging a credit card. Come back and set it to Live Mode before you begin processing orders through this account.
Click the Save button to save your SagePay account settings.
Contact SagePay technical support to ask them to add the following IP Address and subnet mask to your SagePay account configuration - you are not able to enter this IP address range because of its large size. They need to add this to BOTH the Live Account AND the Test Account.
- IP Address: 126.96.36.199
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.252.0
Go to E-Commerce > Settings
Click on Merchant Accounts.
Go to the Test Account column and click on the link to process a test charge.
You can use one of SagePay's test credit cards. View the Test card numbers.
When the test charge processes successfully, edit the SagePay account to switch from Test Mode to Live Mode.
Log into SagePay to make sure your account is set to Live Mode.
Add a new Person Record to Infusionsoft.
Create a manual order for this person with a balance due of at least $3. Save the order without entering a payment.
Enter a credit card payment of at least $1.01 and save it.
Use the same card to enter a second credit card payment of at least $1.01 and save it. Do NOT enter a CV2 number when you add the payment.
If you use the same credit card to enter the second payment, and the payment fails:
- Try changing the Account Type to "C" or to the default options.
- Turn AVS/ CV2 checks off.