The May update is scheduled for Monday, May 16th. During the update, you may experience some slowness. Customers in these countries can expect this update on Tuesday, May 10th.
A new option in E-Commerce Settings has been added to enable these new invoices. The invoices will work with all order types: online orders, unpaid orders, or manual orders. To enable this feature:
- Go to E-Commerce > Settings
- Click on Orders
- Under the Invoice section, you will see a new setting allowing you to enable this new feature.
- Click Save
As an example, we'll show you the workflow of sending an invoice from a manual order. When you are ready to send the invoice from a manual order, click the Send Invoice button at the bottom of the order record and follow the instructions below:
- Payment Options: Choose whether to send the invoice with or without an online payment option.
- Modify the To and Subject line if you wish.
- Edit the open text fields
- Click Send Invoice
- Your customer will receive the invoice email with a button labeled, View my Invoice. They can view the invoice and its current status (paid or unpaid) at any time in the future.
- At the bottom of the online invoice, there will be an option to pay now.
- Your customer will enter their payment information and click Submit.
- Upon successful payment, your customer will be redirected to an "Invoice Paid" success page.
- Your customer will then receive an order receipt.
Previously, manually charging a payment from the order record did not trigger a purchase goal requiring you to set up
s outside of the campaign builder. Now, all manual orders that are paid via credit card (charge now) will trigger a purchase goal in the campaign builder.
Previously, manually charging a payment from the order record did not trigger a purchase goal requiring you to set up purchase action s outside of the campaign builder. Now, all manual orders that are paid via credit card (charge now) will trigger a purchase goal in the campaign builder.
This is perfect for reminding people to attend a particular event or for appointment reminders.
- First, you'll need to create a date/time custom field
- When you are editing your campaign sequence, you can drag a field timer onto the canvas and choose this custom field as an option. Note that only field timers are supported.
Improve your internal processes with appointment automation.
- There is a new campaign sequence object labeled, "Create Appointment" under the Processes tab
- Just drag onto the
and configure it. For now, use this article to see how to configure an appointment. We will be creating a new article soon to show this step-by-step.
We recently introduced a new object in the campaign builder called Assign an Owner that allows you to assign an internal user to a contact record automatically within a campaign sequence. Based on your feedback, we've added a checkbox that will ignore the owner assignment if the contact is already assigned to an owner.
The Set a Field Value object in a campaign sequence has been updated to allow you to insert today's date (or today's date/time if you are using a custom date/time field) on a contact record. This will allow you time-stamp events on a contact record.
- Drag a Set a Field Value object onto the campaign sequence canvas.
- When you choose a date or date/time custom field, you can check the option to "use today's date"
Date/Time field note: Because Infusionsoft records time in increments of 15 minutes, the time value will be the most recent 15 increment that has passed .
For an updated list of all Email Builder Beta features, check out this article.
You can now search images by filename and they are sorted by most recent
Email address and phone number link types have been added. Note that these links types are not trackable. These link types are responsive. For example, if the recipient is on a mobile device, they can tap the phone number to dial.
You can now search for tags by typing the name and choosing it from the drop-down
If a tag doesn't exist, you can create a new one on-the-fly
The Linked Contacts feature allows Infusionsoft users to define relationships between contacts they have created in their Infusionsoft account. For example, I could create a contact in my account for Jack and Jill, then use the Linked Contacts feature to create a relationship identifying them as husband and wife. Previously, these relationships could only be created, edited or removed from contacts via the UI. With this release, they can now be managed via the API.
In order to make linked contacts match between those created via the API and those created via the UI, it was necessary to begin enforcing the maximum number of links set on the link type. As a result, when creating/updating link types, you should always use even numbers.
Check out the steps below to see how it's done.
- While viewing a contact record, click on the Linked Contacts tab
- Click Manage Link Types
- Click New Link Type to add a new link type
- Enter a name for your link type and a max number of links allowed for this type of link.
- Back on the Linked Contacts tab, search for the name of the contact you wish to link.
- Choose the Link type
- Click Save Link
Infusionsoft Software Release Statement
Infusionsoft’s release process is intentionally designed to deliver our latest innovations and improvements while minimizing disruption to daily operations of the small businesses who use Infusionsoft all around the globe.
As with any cloud service update, there is the possibility of intermittent slowness as software updates are deployed to all accounts. Given this possibility, Infusionsoft policy is to only release updates outside typical business hours.
All accounts in the Americas, European and African regions are slated for release in the evening/early morning hours local time. All Asia & Pacific region accounts are updated on a separate schedule so that these deployments occur overnight local time for users in this region.